You may now access ERS to continue certification process of previously released Spring 2021 effort reports, and newly released Summer 2021 effort reports.
|Reporting Period||Non-Academics and 11/12 Academics||9/12 Academics||Certification Due Date|
|Spring 2021||April – June 2021||March – June 2021||February 28, 2022|
|Summer 2021||July – September 2021||June – September 2021||April 15, 2022|
As with prior releases, effort reports affected by known UCPath defects will continue to be flagged as “Under Preliminary Review”. An updated list of reports impacted by one or more of these defects can be found in the ERS Master Exception List. Please visit EFM’s special instructions page, to view an example of “Under Preliminary Review” flag, along with a comment explaining UCPath defects and necessary actions to take.
If your department has any outstanding unflagged effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon as possible. Additional communication will be shared with campus, as EFM continues to work with UCPath Center to find resolution to issues impacting flagged effort reports.
If you discover an inaccuracy in an effort report or potential defect that is not captured as part of the know UCPath issues, please contact ERS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report and EFM will assist with looking into the protentional finding further.
General Reminders and Reference
- ERS includes earnings through the Pay End Date of 12/31/2021.
- Please visit ERS System access for information accessing ERS on campus and off campus.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
For any questions, please contact ERS Support at email@example.com.
UCLA ORA – Extramural Fund Management