Effort reports for the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 quarters are now available in the Effort Reporting System. You can access your department’s effort reports and begin the certification process.
|Reporting Period||Non-Academics and 11/12 Academics||9/12 Academics||Certification Deadline|
|Fall 2021||October- December 2021||July – October 2021||July 31, 2022|
|Winter 2022||January – March 2022||November 2021 – February 2022||July 31, 2022|
Flagged Effort Reports with known UCPath Issues
As with previous releases, effort reports impacted by UCPath defects will continue to be flagged as “Under preliminary Review”. An updated list of reports impacted by one or more of these defects can be found in the ERS Master Exception List. Please visit EFM’s special instructions page, to view an example of “Under Preliminary Review” flag, along with a comment explaining UCPath defects and necessary actions to take. Additional communication will be shared with campus, as EFM continues to work with UCPath Center to find resolution to issues impacting flagged effort reports. The latest updates on the UCPath issues affecting effort reports are available in the April RAF presentation.
If you discover an inaccuracy in an effort report or potential defect that is not captured as part of the know UCPath issues, please contact ERS Help Desk with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report and EFM will assist with looking into the protentional finding further.
Outstanding Effort Reports
Effort reporting is the method of certifying to the granting agencies that the effort required as a condition of the award has been completed. Uncertified Effort Reports expose UCLA to be out of compliance and at risk for audit finding or disallowances. If your department has any outstanding unflagged effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon as possible.
General Reminders and Reference
- ERS includes earnings through the Pay End Date of 3/31/2022. Additional earnings will be included as we prepare for the upcoming release of Summer 2021 effort reports.
- Please visit ERS System access for information accessing ERS on campus and off campus.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
For any questions, please contact ERS Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCLA ORA – Extramural Fund Management