EFM is pleased to announce that you can now access your department’s effort reports and begin the certification process for the following periods:
|Reporting Period||Non Academics and 11/12 Academics||9/12 Academics||Certification Due Date|
|Spring 2019||April – June 2019||March – June 2019||June 30, 2021|
|Summer 2019||July – September 2019||July – September 2019 (*)||June 30, 2021|
|Fall 2019||October – December 2019||July – October 2019||June 30, 2021|
|Winter 2020||January – March 2020||November 2019 – February 2020||June 30, 2021|
|Spring 2020||April – June 2020||March – June 2020||June 30, 2021|
|Summer 2020||July – September 2020||June – September 2020 (*)||June 30, 2021|
|Fall 2020||October – December 2020||July – October 2020||July 31, 2021|
|Winter 2021||January – March 2021||November 2020 – February 2021||July 31, 2021|
(*) Additional Compensation DOS codes only
Please note deadline to certify effort reports for this release contains two separate due dates. If your department has any outstanding uncertified effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon as possible.
As shared at May 2021 RAF, effort reports affected by known UCPath issues will continue to be flagged as “Under Preliminary Review”. A complete list of reports impacted by one or more of these issues can be found in the ERS Master Exception List: https://efm.research.ucla.edu/ers-training/#specialinstructions
Please visit EFM’s special instructions page to view an example of “Under Preliminary Review” flag along with a comment explaining about the known UCPath issues and the necessary actions to take moving forward.
- Please visit ERS System access for information accessing ERS on campus and off campus.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
You may discover an inaccuracy in the effort reports other than the scenarios described above. If you identify an incorrect percent of effort in one or more records in an effort report, the entire effort report will need to be recalculated. Please contact ERS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report and EFM will assist with the effort recalculation.
Lastly, please be aware that previously certified effort reports may have been reopened if a payroll transaction from UCPath with an earn date of 7/31/18 or prior was loaded into ERS. Please review any effort reports from previous releases that have been reopened to ensure accuracy of the new UCPath payroll transactions and recertify accordingly.
For any questions, please contact ERS Support at email@example.com.
UCLA ORA – Extramural Fund Management