We are delighted to inform you that effort reports for the spring 2023 and summer 2023 quarters are now available in the Effort Reporting System. The certification deadline for this release has been set for January 28, 2024, to be in compliance with UCOP requirements.
Effort reports flagged with “Under Prelim Review” have been resolved as described in the table below. Please proceed with reviewing effort reports, following the instructions below, and certify. Additional information for certifying flagged reports can be found by visiting EFM’s special instructions page.
If you discover an inaccuracy in an effort report or potential defect that is not captured as part of the known UCPath issues, please contact the ERS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report, and EFM will assist with looking into the protentional finding further.
General Reminders and Reference
- ERS includes earnings through the pay-end date of 9/30/2023, with subsequent earnings to be loaded monthly.
- Please visit ERS System access for information accessing ERS on campus and off campus.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
For any questions, please contact ERS Support at email@example.com.
UCLA ORA – Extramural Fund Management