As you are aware, UCLA’s legacy payroll system PPS has been discontinued as of July 1st, 2019. Moving forward please use the attached PPS Salary Cost Transfer Form for moving PPS salary and salary-related expenses off of sponsored project funds.
Departments will need to submit this form along with supporting documentation to the EFM accountant assigned to the fund. EFM will process a financial journal upon acceptance of materials. Full instructions are included in the form.
Please note the following key points:
- This form is only for salary and salary-related expenses that need to be moved off of sponsored project funds managed by Office of Research Administration. For non-sponsored project funds, please contact Central Resource Unit.
- EFM standard procedure is not to accept pre-UCPath go live payroll expense transfers debiting to sponsored project funds.
- Department is responsible for finding an unrestricted funding source for payroll expenses being moved off of sponsored project funds.
- Department is responsible for calculating all associated salary-related expenses (e.g., Benefits, GAEL, TIF)
- Please refer to the following website for information on General Ledger-level Object Codes for payroll expenses.
Extramural Fund Management