I. PAMS and other Campus Systems
PAMS facilitates more efficient and effective financial management of sponsored awards and compliance oversight by providing a customized worklist for the individual user to prioritize work and monitor progress.
The RAPID Smart Closeout Tool is an Excel tool used for preparing your Closeout Packet, while PAMS is a multi-faceted web based post award management system. In PAMS, users can:
- Upload, approve and route their Closeout Packets
- Follow a workflow to complete the closeout process
- View a worklist or “to-do list” geared to the individual user
- Connects users, allowing all individuals reviewing the closeout packet to see the same information at the same time
- Provides a workflow to guide the user through the closeout process
- Centralizes on-line document storage, including financial reports and invoices submitted to the sponsor
- View deliverables that are pending your action
With UCLA’s transition to UCPath, the Personnel Payroll Query Database (PP QDB) became a legacy system that is no longer actively loading payroll data. Moving forward, for every new department user who uses the RAPID tool, UCLA Information Technology Services (ITS) manually needs to provision access so the employee can view PPS payroll transactions. This is an additional step that departments need to complete in addition to provisioning the employee’s access in DACSS. To ensure that RAPID tool users can view PPS payroll transactions, please coordinate the following action items with your Departmental Security Administrator (DSA):
- Verify that existing employees who use the RAPID tool have the following DACCS function: PPDDBINQ (PER/PAY - EDB INQUIRY FOR DEPARTMENTS).
- If the employee has this access and if the access was provisioned December 2020 or earlier, no further action is needed. The employee will see PPS payroll transactions for contract and grant funds they are provisioned to.
- If the user does not have this access and needs it, or if the user’s DACCS function was provisioned on or after January 2021:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject: PP QDB access request for RAPID Tool
- Email contents:
- This is a request for ITS to grant the following new employee access to PP QDB.
- New Employee Name:
- New Employee OASIS/QDB Logon ID:
- Model the new employee's access after the following existing employee
- Existing Employee Name:
- Existing Employee OASIS/QDB Logon ID:
II. Access and Assignments
The following roles and associated functionality in PAMS include:
- Department Roles
- Fund Manager
- Department Administrator
|Function||Fund Mgr||Dept Admin|
|View individual worklists||X||X|
|Prepare, upload, and approve closeout packets
(view linked closeout packets including payroll and non-payroll transactions)
|View financial reports and invoices||X||X|
|Access to all funds in the cluster||X|
|View worklist for entire cluster||X|
|Manage assignments for cluster||X|
For example: If a fund has 1 reviewer and the assignments are changed to 2 reviewers the change will not be effective on funds where the status is In Process.
PAMS Help can assist when this happens. When reaching out to PAMS Help please provide the following information:
- Principal Investigator of the Closeout Packet
- New Preparer Name
- New Reviewer(s) Name
There are a few actions the Department Administrator needs to take:
IV. Closeouts in PAMS
The most common reason why an “Invalid Fund” appears is because you are not assigned to the fund and therefore do not have access. To correct this, contact your Department Administrator to update the Assignments Page.
If you are assigned to the fund but still get the “Invalid Fund” message, please reach out to PAMS Help.
V. Training and Resources
If your question has not been answered, please contact the PAMS helpdesk at:
- Email: PAMShelp@research.ucla.edu
- Phone: (310) 794-0008