Posted On

Dear Colleagues,

This email is to inform you of the procedure to transfer payroll expenses of the employee whose record has been purged from PPS EDB. Records of employees who were separated in 2017 and did not have any activity in 2018 have been purged. For these cases, please submit the following information to ORA to restore the employee(s) in EDB via

  • Name
  • UID
  • Separation date
  • Department Code in Financial System

ORA will notify the requestor when the employee record is re-instated so that the requestor can proceed with processing the payroll expense transfer.

Please note that you may not be able to complete payroll expense transfers even when the employee record is available in PPS EDB. This can be a case where an employee that requires an expense transfer has a record in PPS but you are not able to access due to the employee being in a different department at the time of separation. To obtain access: Please submit a case to UCLA Central Resource Unit with the subject: “PPS Expense Transfer Dept Access”. Be sure to include

  • Name
  • UID
  • Department code in Financial system that requires access

CRU will notify the requestor once access has been given so that the requestor can proceed with processing the payroll expense transfer.

Please be reminded that EFM’s standard procedure will be not to accept transfers of pre-UCPath go-live payroll expenses debiting to sponsored project funds after PPS support discontinues June 30, 2019. It is critical to immediately review all payroll expenses originating from PPS for sponsored projects and complete payroll expense transfers as soon as errors are discovered to ensure full recovery of costs for the University. The last days to submit payroll expense transfers via WebPET are June 18, 2019 and June 27, 2019 for monthly and bi-weekly respectively. For more details, please refer to EFM’s presentation at RAF on January 10, 2019.

If you have any questions, please feel free contact me at


Yoon Lee
Director of Extramural Fund Management