ORA is pleased to announce the release of a new version of the RAPID Closeout Tool (version dated 4/21/2022). Please download the latest version of the tool, available in the ORA Online Resource Center.
This latest version includes the following updates:
- Training Grant: Postdoc Allowable/Unallowable Benefits: Updated to reflect the FY22-23 unallowable CBR rate of 13.40% (see “NIH NRSA Grants: Unallowable Benefits for FY22-23” dated 3/8/2022)
- Closeout Checklist:
- Updated to correctly indicate (Yes/No) for expenses outside of the project period
- User-entered fields no longer require the Excel workbook to be unprotected
Before the RAPID Closeout Tool can be used with Excel, the .xla add-in file must be unblocked by following the steps below. Refer to the installation instructions that are available with the RAPID Closeout Tool download for more details.
- Right-click the file named RAPID_Closeout_And_Reporting_Tool and select Properties
- At the bottom of the General tab, click the Unblock button or check the Unblock checkbox
- Click the Apply button, then the OK button
If you have any questions about this new RAPID Tool version, contact your EFM accountant.
Yoon Lee, Senior Director
Extramural Fund Management