UCPath Center is leading the Salary Cost Transfer (SCT) Redesign project, partnering with all UC Campuses. The goal of the project is to simplify and enhance the SCT processes in UCPath. Please refer to the attached presentation at RAF on April 14th for more details on the approach, scope, and timeline of the project.
EFM is seeking feedback on the functional requirements for SCT processes. In the attached spreadsheet, you will find requirements for the following three different categories of SCT. These requirements have been developed by all UC campuses based on issues reported to the UCPath Center and enhancement requests collected from campuses through various venues.
Please provide feedback to Katie Cadle email@example.com by Monday, May 5th.
The attached spreadsheet includes the following 4 worksheets:
- [Field Definitions] includes descriptions of all field names found in the other worksheets.
- [SCT_Unrestricted] includes requirements related to salary cost transfers from and/or to unrestricted funding.
- All these requirements will be applicable to SCT processes for “Restricted funding” and “Salary Cap_MCOP funding”.
- [SCT_Restricted] includes requirements for restricted funding.
- All SCT involving C&G funds will be subject to this process.
- [SCT_Salary Cap_MCOP] includes requirements for SCT involving C&G funds subject to salary cap or individuals who have multiple components of pay (MCOP).
Requirements for [SCT_Unrestricted] are already under review of all UC campuses to sign off; however, if there are critical features not captured in the requirements, UCLA will bring them back to the review committee. Requirements for [SCT_Restricted] and [SCT_Salary Cap_MCOP] are currently under review. UCLA will need to submit requirements to the UCPath Center by May 9th. Feedback received by May 5th will be evaluated and incorporated in the requirement document as applicable.
Thank you for your time and contribution to the project. Have a great day!
Senior Director, UCLA Extramural Fund Management