You can now access your department’s effort reports and begin the certification process for the following reporting periods:
- April to July 2018: 11/12 Academics
- April to July 2018: Non-Academics
- March to July 2018: 9/12 Academics
The deadline to certify effort reports for this release is August 31, 2019. If your department has any outstanding uncertified effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon possible.
Due to pending resolution of certain UCPath issues that impact effort reporting, this release does not follow UCLA’s standard effort reporting periods. Instead this release includes all outstanding months requiring certification through July 2018.
Note that while August 2018 payroll was processed in PPS, August exceptions (e.g., vacation, sick leave) were processed in UCPath. Therefore, August 2018 will be included in the next round of effort reports to provide a complete data set for accurate effort calculation. In addition the “9/12 Academics – Summer” which includes payroll processed in UCPath is excluded from this release for the same reason and it will be included in the next round of effort reports.
Special instructions for LA County awards
Certain LA County awards have specific terms and conditions that require timesheets for all personnel being charged to the award. In lieu of timesheets, UCLA will provide certified effort reports. As such, starting this release period, departments are required to certify effort reports for individuals whose salaries are charged to the LA County awards subject to this requirements. ORA has identified these awards and will reach out to the affected fund managers separately with more detailed instructions.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
For any questions, please contact ERS Support at email@example.com.
Extramural Fund Management