|Reporting Period||Dates of Reporting Periods||Certification Due Date|
|Summer 2018, Fall 2018 (modified), Winter 2019||September 2018 – March 2019||November 30, 2020|
|Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Winter 2020, Spring 2020, Summer 2020||April 2019 – September 2020||June 30, 2021|
|Fall 2020, Winter 2021||October 2020 – March 2021||July 31, 2021|
If your department has any outstanding uncertified effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon as possible.
The following UCPath issues noted below could not be resolved before the release of effort reports. The affected effort reports have been flagged as "Preliminary Review" in ERS and require adjustments before certification. A complete list of reports impacted by one or more of these issues can be found in the ERS Master Exception List.
An example of the "Preliminary Review" flag along with an example comment in ERS can be seen below. The comment will include a description of the issue impacting the report and instructions for the reviewer/certifier. An explanation for each comment can be found below. Some reports may have multiple issues and therefore contain multiple comments.
Explanation of Comments in ERS for Known UCPath Issues
- "Pending Mass Leave Correction (MLC) entry – do not certify until further instruction is provided by EFM"
- This comment indicates that pending adjustments will be posted centrally by Corporate Financial Services via MLC to correct UCPath errors related to exceptions taken (e.g., VAC, SKL). EFM will send a notification once MLC entries are posted and the report is ready for certification.
- Additional background on the Mass Leave Correction and UCPath errors it will correct can be found in this EFM Presentation starting on slide 3.
- "Incorrect percent of effort for effort bearing payroll line – review supplemental Excel file and job aid provided by EFM before certification"
- This comment indicates that effort % is inaccurate on one or more records in the effort report and the entire report needs to be recalculated.
- EFM will provide a supplemental Excel file with updated recalculated effort percentages for all known impacted effort reports, along with a job aid. These materials will be sent separately to ERS Coordinators in impacted departments soon after effort reports are released.
- A webinar reviewing the job aid was held on October 26th, 2020 and has been posted to the “Resources” section of this web page.
- "Missing payroll record(s) in effort report – do not certify until further instruction is provided by EFM"
- This comment indicates that one or more payroll records is missing from the effort report and therefore effort percentages are potentially inaccurate.
- Do not certify the effort report at this time. EFM will provide additional information and instructions for reports impacted by this issue soon.
- "Y-OTC or N-OTC indicator missing – do not certify until further instruction is provided by EFM"
- This comment indicates that effort % is incorrectly calculated due to the missing or incorrectly processed Y-OTC or N-OTC line.
- Do not certify the effort report at this time. EFM will provide additional information and instructions for the reports impacted by this issue soon.
You may discover an inaccuracy in the effort reports other than the scenarios described above. If you identify an incorrect percent of effort in one or more records in an effort report, the entire effort report will need to be recalculated. Please contact ERS Help Desk (email@example.com) with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report and EFM will assist with the effort recalculation.
Lastly, please be aware that previously certified effort reports may have been reopened if a payroll transaction from UCPath with an earn date of 7/31/18 or prior was loaded into ERS. Please review any effort reports from previous releases that have been reopened to ensure accuracy of the new UCPath payroll transactions and recertify accordingly.